Friday, September 10, 2010

Juror 104 Reporting as Ordered....

Day One in Concord District Court.

Its Jury Selection Day. Its funny.. The day provided me some humor that reminded me of an old joke called "Fortunate/Unfortunate".....

It felt like.. fortunately, I had free parking ticket for the garage the court uses, unfortunately, the garage was 3 blocks away from the court house, fortunately, it was a sunny day, unfortunately the first hill to walk up was very steep......

All joking aside, it wasn't that bad. After I got to the court house and went through the obligatory security screening, I was very impressed with this fairly new, large, impressive building. It had a nice appealing architecture. The guards were very pleasant and I was directed to a large set of open double doors at the end of the large, long entrance way.

Since I am an early bird anyway, there was only 2 other people already seated in a very large auditorium. It appeared to be large enough to accommodate 200+ seated people, so I assuming they were expecting a very large turnout. 3/4 of the room was filled with 4 and 6 person tables and chairs, with several long rows of auditorium type seating in the front of the room, all facing 3 very large LCD flat screens on the wall, all currently tuned to CNN.

After checking in at the appropriate "window" and having my attendance properly recorded, I got a cup of coffee and proceeded to "people watch" as the official start time was about 90 minutes away....

"To be continued"...

soon..

J4

No comments:

Post a Comment